Accounts Payable Specialist Production Solutions
Are you looking to join a dynamic accounting and finance team! You would be responsible for accurate vendor account reconciliations and payments with accurate resolution of any invoice discrepancies.
Production Solutions is the industry leader and expert in direct mail production management. We are unique in what we do and possess a vast knowledge of direct mail fundraising programs and subscription development programs. During 25 years of serving the nonprofit and commercial sectors, we have refined a production management model that is an industry standard. We have a highly experienced staff, a loyal supplier base, and an incredible depth of knowledge in mailing formats, service techniques, and cost management/savings. At Production Solutions, we re immensely proud of what we ve achieved and we re even more excited about our future.
Essential Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- Receive and enter supplier invoices in ProSIS for production jobs.
- Consult with vendors, suppliers and internal staff to resolve invoice issues.
- Perform vendor maintenance in MAS100 accounting software for new and existing vendors.
- Receives and enters postage refund checks (PRC) into ProSIS.
- Process manual postage checks, as needed.
- Process and distribute weekly the Work-In-Progress (WIP) Report to Billing Director and Director of Accounting
- Update main cash sheet with cash disbursements from cash account.
- Update ProSIS A/P batch entries to MAS100.
- Process Postage Due Invoices (P-Inv) and Postage Refund Checks in MAS100.
- Analyze and reconcile monthly brokerage expense accounts for all subsidiaries.
- Maintain and reconcile monthly Open Purchase Order report.
- Communicate with vendors on payment status and other invoice inquiries.
- Effectively communicate department invoicing and payables policies and procedures to vendors and employees.
- Update Supplier Invoice Follow-Up List.
- Assist A/R in processing and finalizing invoices, as needed.
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues.
- Assist accounting team with monthly closing reports.
- Manage costs effectively, conserve organizational resources, and find productive work to keep busy during slack periods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree in accounting or business management; 2-4 years accounting/finance experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Beginner to intermediate level computer skills including Windows-based applications (MS Office Suite) and supplemental machinery including printers, scanners, fax machines, and copiers.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work in a team environment and foster positive and collaborative work habits.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with ability to manage multiple tasks.
Attributes of the Accounts Payable Specialist
- Collaborative work-style. This position requires a flexible style that both complements the efforts and supports the needs of others. You have a proven track record of getting results by building strong relationships and partnerships, both with outside clients and internal staff.
- Excellent communicator. You communicate just as clearly in copy as you do in person you are concise, accurate, and effective. You have excellent oral, written, and editing skills.
- Inquisitive and willing to take initiative. You like learning new things and like to collect and share information. You also don t wait for things to happen you initiate action and make things happen.
- Mission driven. You understand the big picture and can easily translate our objectives into social impact.
- Flexible. You adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Politically astute. In this position, you have many stakeholders with varying goals and needs. You have good judgment and a thoughtful approach, and you are sensitive to the challenges and constraints each faces.
- Priority management. You switch from long range needs to preparing for scheduled enhancements with ease. You really get\" what is a priority and can independently manage tight deadlines to completion.
What s Attractive to the Right Accounts Payable Specialist Candidate?
- A vibrant and rewarding work environment with a financially strong and growing organization.
- You will be mentored by top-level individuals who will value your opinion and collaborate on strategic decisions.
- You will be a part of an entrepreneurial team and afforded autonomy.
- This is a perfect opportunity for a self-motivated, deadline-driven, optimistic, and flexible individual.
- You ll work at a great location in Tysons Corner, close to the Tysons Corner Center shopping mall.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Work requires correctable vision, depth perception, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate computer terminal, telephone and office equipment for long periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to hear and speak English language clearly and concisely for heavy telephone contact.
- Involves frequent contact with staff, clients and the public.
- Work involves frequent change in activities and priorities.
- Occasional overtime required.
We have a highly competitive benefits package: full major medical/dental/vision plans (coverage starts the 1st day of the month following your start date), life insurance, short term disability coverage, long term disability, paid holidays, 10 days accrued vacation (for first two years, and begin accruing 15 days per year at beginning of third year), option to carry 5 vacation days over per calendar year, 8 days sick allowance, 2 personal days, a day off for your birthday, optional flex-spending account, 401K, and health club reimbursement (up to $40/month for certified health clubs).
To Apply for the Accounts Payable Specialist position with PS:
You can apply by simply emailing your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] with PS Accounts Payable Specialist / 7 2018\" in the subject line of the email.
LA Associates, Production Solutions and PS Digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to diversity in the workplace and promote a drug-free environment.
KEYWORDS: Accounting, accounting specialist, accounts payable, a/p, a/r, Accounts payable, accounting, a/p, a/r, account coordinator, direct mail, mail marketing, mail service, mailings, printing, accounting specialist, client management, client support, publishing, customer service, accounting, accounts receivables, accounts payables, finances, financials, invoices, payments, ProSIS, vendors, suppliers, MAS100, accounting software, PRC, WIP, accounting, billing, cash sheets, monthly reports, payments, A/R, closing reports, accounting, accounts payable, A/P, direct mail, mail marketing, mail service, mailings, printing, accounting specialist, client management, client support, publishing, customer service, accounting, accounts receivables, accounts payables, finances, financials, invoices, payments, ProSIS, vendors, suppliers, MAS100, accounting software, PRC, WIP